When economic forecasts are flying furiously, it's important to grasp their limits.
当经济预测者说话不着边际的时候,对其言论中的局限之处进行剖析十分重要。
He had become the precise opposite of the rambling scatter shooter I had met in his office.
他与我在他办公室里遇见的那个东一榔头西一锤说话不着边的小布什判若两人。
As they walked, Brown and Polack talked idly.
布朗和波兰克一边走,一边还说着闲话。
Over a bottle of wine,he spoke to a friend.
他一边喝着酒一边和朋友说话。
And putting on his stiff collar and rebellious tie, he spoke to them, chiding them, and to his dangling watchchain.
他一边安上硬领,系好那不听话的领带,一边对它们以及那东摇西晃的表链说着话,责骂它们。
And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
若旁边坐着的得了启示,那先说话的就当闭口不言。
You could not make yourself understood as you wept out.
你这样边哭边说,人家听不懂你的话。
As he went along, he kept mumbling inconsequent phrases.
他一边走着,嘴里一边咕噜着一些不相连贯的话。
As I walked along, I kept wondering what he really meant.
我一边走,一边忖量着他说的那番话的意思。
I remained on the margins of the conversation for a while, asking myself how it was possible that this affable and nostalgic old man had been the terror of my childhood.
我一边心不在焉的和医生说着话,一边想这个和蔼怀旧的老者怎么可能是我童年的梦魇。
Anna tilted her head to one side and said she wouldn't hear me.
安娜把头歪向一边,说她不愿听我说话。
-- Time enough, sir, she said, taking the coin.
“不着急,先生,”她边接银币边说。
His heart skipping unevenly, his face mournful, Mr. Lin was unable to speak for some time.
林先生的眼光跟着寿生的嘴也向那边瞥了一下,心里直是乱跳,哭丧着脸,好半天说不出话来。
Don't rustle papers or work while you're speaking on the phone.
通话时不要让纸张瑟瑟作响,也不要边说边工作。
"Is it true, or only one of your dubious jokes?"
“是真的呢,还是你的不着边际的玩笑话?”
You know the hopeless rubbish.
您知道这套不着边际的废话。
Then he stood leaning against the wall unable to speak.
然后他靠着墙壁站着,说不出话来。
Then he stood leaning against the wall, unable to speak.
然后他依着墙壁站着, 说不出话来。
本网站所收集内容来自网友分享仅供参考,实际请以各学校实际公布信息为主!内容侵权及错误投诉:1553292129@qq.com
CopyRight © 2020-2024 优校网[www.youxiaow.com]版权所有 All Rights Reserved. ICP备案号:浙ICP备2024058711号